Sunday, January 24, 2010

Squirrel

Things have been fairly quiet around here with the exception of early morning insanities. Usually, INKY is chasing Scooter around. Sometimes she runs and hides real good and INKY is forced to pick on Spike or JP. Often, JP gives it back to him, but rarely does it stop quickly and definitely, I lose sleep! I bought Bach Flower Essence Rescue Remedy for pets, and combined that with Holly in the water. I would like to think that is the reason he hasn't been waking me up for 2 days, but maybe I'm just so tired that I sleep through the action for a change (like my husband always does!).
At any rate...this morning after about 6 hours of sleep, I was kept awake by sounds of INKY'S tail swishing up on the high windows (where he can actually see out). Then I heard the hyperventilation sounds. I had to get out of my warm bed, climb on top of the dresser and peer out the window to see if it was Rocky the Raccoon or another cat or what. This time: a squirrel on the high tree branches right at eye level for Stinky INKY! Sigh. I knew there was no going back to sleep. All I could do was keep trying to distract INKY by talking. Luckily, it didn't get worse than his strange breathing sounds. I don't think he sprayed up there, though our living room does reek of urine since we went away to Boston last weekend and had friends (relative strangers to the cats - INTRUDER INTRUDER!! ALERT ALERT!! Let's spray everywhere!!) come feed them. I can't seem to locate all the areas to treat them! I am almost all out of Anti-Icky-Poo! I hate that urine smell! I wish someone could make it go away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.